Green Room Learning Leaflet
Information for Parents
Term 3 January-April 2015
A Note From Miss Anderson
Last week I got the chance to spend the week with Miss Robertson and the pupils in the Green Room. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I am looking forward to getting to know them better over the course of the term. If you have any queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch J
This term everyone will continue to revisit their 3 and 6 times tables and begin work on the 9. The children will be learning about the link between their times tables and division, starting with dividing by two as an introduction. We will also be exploring the properties of 2D and 3D shapes. If you have any good examples of 3D shapes at home in the form of packaging then please feel free to take them in to school!
In reading, the children will take a ‘rocket reader’ each week to read at home. The pupils will be carrying out some comprehension work where they will be asked to read a piece of text and discuss it as a group, then answer questions about the text in full sentences. We will be exploring how authors describe the setting within their stories and using what we learn to describe interesting settings in stories of our own.
As part of spelling we will be revising a number of different sounds. Pupils will be given words containing these sounds to take home and learn as part of their homework.
Health and Wellbeing
Pupils in the Green Room will continue to take part in PE with pupils from the blue room, on a Thursday morning. Please make sure your child brings in their PE kit on a Thursday.
Our topic this term is ‘colour’. Some of the questions we hope to answer are:
· Which colours are in a rainbow?
· What are the primary colours?
· How do you make secondary colours?
· Full P.E. kits will be required whenever the children have it on their timetable.
· Reading records should be signed by a parent/guardian each week.
· Homework will be issued each Monday and should be handed in on the Friday.
· All items of school uniform should have your child’s name on it to allow easy recognition of any lost items.
· Anti-bullying week takes place this week. The pupils will be involved in a number of different activities in school during the course of the week.